Friday, January 23, 2009

Whisper Quiet

So, on top of all the wallet drama, my television decided to break randomly. I loved that effing television. I bought it before I moved to Boston even though I really couldn't afford it, brought it home with me when I finally finished school and moved back to NH, then brought it with me when I moved to New York. It's been with me for 3 states; the only 3 states I've ever lived in for extended periods of time. R.I.P. crappy DVD/VHS combo TV from Best Buy. I think you died because my roommate watched you too much.

Anyway, my apartment is much quieter now. That's something I actually enjoy, seeing as how Ms Roommate really loves cranking up the TV volume in the morning when she's getting her Today show on. Which wouldn't be annoying, except she thinks the Today show is an actual credible source of information. She quotes it. It's this whole thing. It kind of makes you hate morning television, and maybe even talk shows in general. Okay, maybe not every talk show. I still love you, Oprah.

It's my day off, and without the screaming sounds of my television to wake me up, and even though I somehow went to bed late (okay, I was catching up on 90210, which is improving. Not Whorelips, but pretty much everyone else has gotten better)... I still got up at 6:30 AM. Something tells me I'm going to be cranky later today. My two main goals for the day? I have about 3/4 of a load of laundry to do and I really should get a haircut. Doesn't that sound like it's going to seriously cut into my day? I could also go to police precincts and see if my wallet is turned in, but I bet they probably like it if you call first.

I found out yesterday that I'm working on Sunday. It's not my usual overtime place; it's another one I applied for and didn't know I got. Until they told me to come in. On Sunday. Yesterday. I don't know why I'm complaining. It's not like I'm going anywhere with my no ID. I did get my first replacement credit card in the mail yesterday, so boo yeah. My passport is hopefully going to get updated, and I'm hoping to get a new birth certificate. I'm worried my letters weighed too much. We'll see. I hope this journey into my inner psyche has been worth it for you.

No comments: