Thursday, July 7, 2011

Your Tweets R Diff. Than My Tweets

I'm reading this book for Kirkus Reviews this month, and had to take a time out to say... I'm actually really enjoying it. Not necessarily because it's well written; I'm going to have to read a lot more to determine that, but really because... I am their exact intended audience. This book is written for people who use Twitter for their organization. I use it to represent my library. The author works for Twitter and is pointing out things I could improve on, and they are things I know I should be doing better.

They are also using a lot of case studies, but made the point that "you might not be using Twitter like everyone else is using Twitter" - or words pretty much to that effect. I don't mean to be the party poop, but... why do people even write books on Twitter then? If every situation is different, and there's no real framework to follow ... is writing about social media even helpful? Instead of helping me improve my best practices on the damn website, these are the thoughts this book is giving me write now.

I also should not write blogs at just before 5:00 AM. At least I'm reading.

No comments: