Monday, March 7, 2011

Empty Threats (of Blogging Soon)

So I guess I kind of reneged on my promise to blog more, huh?

I did get a new gig writing reviews for Kirkus, which combined with my writing for School Library Journal, is keeping me fairly busy in terms of reading. And writing about what I'm writing. Using clever adjectives is something I'm just getting better and better at.

We should have a moment of silence for Borders. As you may or may not know, I was a big fan. They had a free rewards program. Their magazine selection was always superior. The two stores on the east side of Manhattan are both closing, so I'll have to take a trip to the stinky stores at Penn Station and Columbus Circle from now. I don't hate the Columbus Circle one - they had a CD I wanted one time there when no one else did, and I did meet Laura from the third season of Project Runway there. But I was just falling in love with the Park Avenue one... it bums me out that I won't be able to go there anymore.

It's not really like I spend a significant amount of money on buying books or even DVDs for that matter. But still.

I promise a more hearty blog soon. I caught up a lot on muh reading today, so hopefully I can update y'all soon.

No comments: