Saturday, July 3, 2010

Reading FIREWORKS! Happy 4th!!

Hey everyone! Thought I would give you a quick update before the United States celebrates her birthday. Should out to School Library Journal for featuring most of my graphic novel reviews that I've written for them in the past few months. In fact, there's only one they haven't yet published... and that was probably the meanest of them all. Hopefully, they will publish my review of Benoit's "You" next month, and this month? I got three more graphic novels to review, including one on privacy (that I hated), the Paul Pope "100%" collection, and the latest volume in Brian Wood's "DMZ" series.

I'm finding that actually paying for a Marvel Comics subscription is frustrating, as the newest issue of Peter David's "X-Factor" has been out for awhile at this point, but I have yet to receive/read it. I am looking to expand my monthy comic titles beyond simply "X-Factor" and "Buffy" season 8, the latter of which will be ending soon (sad! I know!). I have cast my lot with the new Gail Simone "Bird of Prey" series, and bought a new issue of "Harley Quinn" which I fear might just be a one-shot. I like the idea of a monthly Harley title, any anything that anyone comes out with now has to be better than the crappy one tried a few years back. Seriously, it was pretty bad. The fact that 2nd issue had Two-Face featured? That was the best part of the entire comics' run.

I will hopefully return to the "Vintage" series before the summer is over, and have quite a few Dark Horse Buffy & Angel gems to share with you (can't wait to tell you how I hated "The Dust Waltz" in depth). In the meantime, I'm going to hopefully creating several original blog entries for work to highlight summer reading and some recent YA novels I really liked. The ALA Conference got me excited about graphic novels all over again, so I'm going to try and focus more on them. Also, read or re-read Joss Whedon's Fray. I just did. It's awesome.

No comments: