Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Year in Review: Top 10 & Updates

So, even though I am still computer-less and fancy free, I have been hard at work bringing you something I know you've all been on the edge of your seats for. Since it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, you probably guessed it's time for my annual: Top 10 YA Books of 2011 list. It has become an annual tradition since I did an okay version last year and my definitively awesome list in 2009. This was in large part due to teachers requesting fiction titles in list form when I worked in the Bronx, especially titles I booktalked when I visited their schools. Since I don't do that any more, it's emerged more as a way to rank titles I review for School Library Journal and feature titles that I read for non-review purposes (this year, that included The Doomsday Box which I got from LibraryThing and A Scary Scene in a Scary Movie from a teacher I knew from the Bronx).

No comments: