Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Lovely Weather for a Sleigh Ride Together…

It's hard to believe it's December 2010 already.

I like to think I started an annual tradition last year with my Top 10 Young Adult Books for 2009. Since I've gotten some positive feedback from the list recently in my library, I went ahead and created a NEW! Top 10 Young Young Adult Books for 2010! Exciting, right!? A few of the titles were originally published in 2009 but I managed to read all of them in the last year. I actually already have two titles to add to next year's list as well.

Also this month, the piece I wrote for Graphic Novel Reporter is now up online. Check out How to Build a Dynamic Comic Social Hour if you are interested in starting a graphic novel / comic discussion group at your bookstore or library. I've also included a permanent link to GNR on the right side of the blog. They're a great resource for librarians (including a great graphic novel core list) and anyone else interested.

I'll be taking a short break from blogging over the next month to work on upcoming 3-volume reference set about Graphic Novels from Salem Press. I'm going to be submitting articles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 and Runaways. It's been a great year for me while I've become this kind of "accidental writer." Next year will see the publication of Out Behind the Desk from Library Juice Press, another book I helped contribute to. My reviews for Booklist are out and I'm continuing to review for SLJ.

Last year, I attended the New York Comic Con. This year, I got to present at it.

I've been in New York for over two years at this point. This year, I scored some vacation time for the most wonderful time of year. Sadly, it's the first year that I've lived in New York that I won't be spending Christmas here. It will be good to spend the holiday with my family. I think, though... I might be back just in time for New Years :-)

There will be an update in the next few days with an updated 'Vintage' title index, probably in a more bibliographic format with the author's last name first. Check back for the updated list sometime late this week or early next week. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like it was a great year for Ryan accomplishments. Looking forward to being published side by side!